With the delta variant’s surge corresponding with the start of another school year, shoppers are stocking up on school supplies with eagerness and apprehension about the potential for returning to the classroom. Yet, despite the uncertainty of in-person learning, The National Retail Federation predicts families with children in K-12 plan on spending $37.1 billion on school supplies this year, the highest amount projected since the NRF began the survey in 2003.
In addition to the overall increase in spend, the NRF also indicates that consumers will turn to online shopping as their dominant source of goods. This increase in online school supply shopping is the perfect opportunity for Amazon sellers to finetune their listing optimization strategy and capitalize on the historic back-to-school shopping surge.
What is Amazon Listing Optimization?
Amazon listing optimization is the process of enhancing your brand’s product listing to improve search rank and click-through rates, with the goal of ultimately generating sales. Each Amazon listing is comprised of five different optimizable components, all serving as opportunities to convince a consumer to buy your product. The components of each listing are:
1. Product title
2. Product images
3. Bullet points
4. Product description
5. A+ Content
How to Optimize Your Amazon Listings
1. Product Title: Load your top five research-backed keywords directly in the product title on Amazon. With only a brief window to capture the attention of the customer, the product title should provide them with enough information at a glance to decide if they will click through to your listing. Each title should include the searchable product information such as brand, model, quantity, size, and other key attributes. Be concise and accurate with your title to ensure a positive customer experience.
2. Product Images: We all know the saying “a picture is worth a thousand words.” On Amazon, product images are no exception. Multiple product images are an effective way to capture the interest of buyer and showcase the product in a controlled environment. Amazon allows up to 10 product images per listing, and we recommend including as many high-quality images as possible. Main images are best displayed on a white background to showcase the product with zero distractions. For additional photos, consider images with a lifestyle setting from multiple angles to give the consumer the full overview, or infographics that give a visual breakdown of key benefits.
3. Bullet Points: Sellers on Amazon can utilize up to five bullet points on each listing to describe key features. Use the bullets to highlight product use, benefits, and identify its unique components for the best value. This section is also a perfect opportunity to add keywords related to your product that will increase search ranking.
4. Product Description: Product descriptions should differ from the bullet descriptions with a captivating overview of your product that elaborates on the key product features, uses and benefits. You can further optimize the product description by using more keywords that relate to your product to help improve your product search rank.
5. A+ Content: The option to create A+ content is a powerful way to build the credibility of your brand, gain customer trust and improve conversions. Use the feature to capture the eye of the customer by utilizing rich text, videos, charts, and images to highlight key product benefits.
Taking the time to optimize your product listings on Amazon with relevant and complete product information will result in increased brand awareness and sales conversion. Click here to download our helpful guide on how to optimize your Amazon listings, and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how our digital team can strategically support your e-commerce needs.